shooting on the fly

On my commute I always carry one of my cameras. These photos were taken while commuting, using a variety of my cameras (some old, some new, some shiny and expensive, some cheap and crappy). Be it by bus, train, car or walking along the street, mostly in San Francisco or the East Bay, these are shots taken from the hip, quickly but purposefully composed, or somewhere in between----but all taken on the fly...

Sunday, March 23, 2008


Looking up Pine Street from Market Street, Downtown San Francisco
Balda CA35 camera, Shantou ERA100 film, D-76 Developer

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the quality of light and the reflections in this picture. You manage to add a horrendous depth to the picture and thats exactly what such street style pictures need. You see a lot of people somewhere in the picture but none of them is plainly visible. that reminds me of the sort of anonymity in big cities. well done!

March 25, 2008 12:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This shot is awesome, i love the grain and the darkness of the shadows. its got a real surreal feeling too it. well done!

March 26, 2008 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home