shooting on the fly

On my commute I always carry one of my cameras. These photos were taken while commuting, using a variety of my cameras (some old, some new, some shiny and expensive, some cheap and crappy). Be it by bus, train, car or walking along the street, mostly in San Francisco or the East Bay, these are shots taken from the hip, quickly but purposefully composed, or somewhere in between----but all taken on the fly...

Wednesday, January 23, 2008


Alley between buildings in downtown San Francisco
Contax T2 camera, Kodak Tri-X @ 1600, Ilford DD-X developer

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love this.

March 16, 2008 8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful lines. so powerful. like this a lot!

March 22, 2008 10:47 PM  
Blogger Nick Stonehouse said...

Hi...how did you push the film to 1600 in the contax t2? i thought it wasnt possible with this camera? thanks

July 20, 2009 2:05 AM  
Blogger Aragorn357 said...

Hi, just stumbled upon your photos while looking for discussions about film shooting. I suppose it is called serenpidity. I love your work.

March 19, 2018 10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home