shooting on the fly

On my commute I always carry one of my cameras. These photos were taken while commuting, using a variety of my cameras (some old, some new, some shiny and expensive, some cheap and crappy). Be it by bus, train, car or walking along the street, mostly in San Francisco or the East Bay, these are shots taken from the hip, quickly but purposefully composed, or somewhere in between----but all taken on the fly...

Thursday, September 28, 2006


Lunch hour at Montgomery and Market Streets, San Francisco

Leica MP, 90/4 Elmar lens, Ilford XP2 film

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

I want a Leica..for no other reason than to say I have a Leica.

This shot almost worked. I like it, but if it had been a little wider (maybe getting the whole window in the frame to kind of frame him) and shot straight on (looks like you are at a little bit of an angle to your subject) it would have been better. But that's just my opinion.

I do enjoy looking at your blog. You've always got some nice, interesting stuff. Keep it up.

September 28, 2006 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home