shooting on the fly

On my commute I always carry one of my cameras. These photos were taken while commuting, using a variety of my cameras (some old, some new, some shiny and expensive, some cheap and crappy). Be it by bus, train, car or walking along the street, mostly in San Francisco or the East Bay, these are shots taken from the hip, quickly but purposefully composed, or somewhere in between----but all taken on the fly...

Tuesday, September 12, 2006


Balancing act on Market Street, downtown San Francisco
September 2006

Contax T2, Shantou ERA 100 film

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

I'm not sure why, but I love this one. Nice shot.

September 12, 2006 11:45 AM  
Blogger allan said...

Why the title? I'm not a "title" guy but not sure what "balancing act" is about.

Nice shot. I like street shots where things are cut off. Hip shot? We should go shooting sometime, just so I can see you in action, kind of.

September 14, 2006 12:32 AM  
Blogger Richard Sintchak said...

Hello Allan. Thanks for the comment. The title? Well, if you have seen her take the two or three steps before I shot this you'd know what I meant. I thought the height of those shoes would imply the rest.

Would love to go shooting sometime. Shoot me an email, we could meet downtown or somewhere else in the bay area.

September 14, 2006 7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home