shooting on the fly

On my commute I always carry one of my cameras. These photos were taken while commuting, using a variety of my cameras (some old, some new, some shiny and expensive, some cheap and crappy). Be it by bus, train, car or walking along the street, mostly in San Francisco or the East Bay, these are shots taken from the hip, quickly but purposefully composed, or somewhere in between----but all taken on the fly...

Friday, August 25, 2006


A random group on Market St, San Francisco
February, 2006

Contax T2 camera, Fuji Neopan 400 film

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rich, this has always been one of my favorites. There is something about the spacing between the people that conveys Americans wanting their individuality.

August 31, 2006 3:29 PM  
Blogger Richard Sintchak said...

Michael (and others), thanks for the nice commments on the set of images.

Regarding the crooked verticals, well, part of "shooting on the fly" or "from the hip" sort of risks that a bit often...I agree in concept but then again I was not setting up the view camera on a tripod for that shot of the pillars! :-)

September 11, 2006 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home